ONDE NOSTRE presents
*AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH AND JAPANESE*
A journey in search of adventures, unexplored shores, empty waves in the mediterranean most secluded places living with almost zero carbon footprint.
This is a surf-film about our small Ocean, the cradle of civilization and a reflection on living a simple lifestyle in symbiosis with nature.
The boats together with the Onde Nostre Crew travelled the Mediterranean Sea following Ulisse’s journey with surfers, sailors, free divers, musicians, artists.
The film is a tale of friendship and nature which speaks to all lovers of the sea. A modern Odyssey in the search of freedom and waves but also a testimony to our love for the sea and to document the most hidden seas of the Mediterranean. This film is the story of a moment, of the people who live from one moment to the next and can relish the beauty of an instant. The film unfold in tales of adventure so that finally, as in Onde Nostre’s motto, we’ll be able to tell our spectatorship: “Look where I brought you”.
As surfers, we tend to stay open to the world around us. The art of wave-riding is truly a pursuit, a pilgrimage of sorts that takes the participant from naive grom to seasoned and sometimes jaded expert, from internet surfer to globe-trotting traveler. The surfer quickly learns the need to follow the weather and tides, to find the direction of the swell on a map and chase the far reaching corners of the globe in hopes of finding that magical, fleeting moment of bliss – the perfect wave.
What many outsiders don’t appreciate is how truly fleeting that moment can be, day-to-day, hour-to-hour, minute-to-minute… the sea surface is always changing and no two waves are the same. The pursuit, innately becomes focused on a moment and finding a way to be present, physically and metaphysically, to ride the wave. To live in the moment.
By doing this, the surfer, the sailor, one who lives the sea opens themselves up to the world around them. Only by living in the moment can one really appreciate the beauty that surrounds us. We don’t want to just travel but to create experiences, treasures and hand down a message of simpleness.
Andy Nieblas, Mele Saili, Makala Harmony Smith, Lex Weinstein, Margaux Arramon Tucoo, Natalia Resmini, Alessandro Ponzanelli, Matteo Fabbri, Sebastiano Concas.
Directed and filmed by: Luca Merli
Aerial Footage: Paolo Tacchella, Filippo Maffei, Luca Merli
Additional camera: Giovanni Barberis, Samuele Malfatti
Editing: Federica Ruggeri
Still Photos: Filippo Maffei
Styling: Betta Dal Bello
Words: Francesca Bari
Voice Over: Caterina Sforza
SPONSORED BY: Ducati Scrambler, The Seea, Axxe Classic, Lighting Bolt, Bing Surfboards
THANKS TO: Canon, DJI
The film premiered as a “Festival Cut” at SSFF in Milano the 6th of May,
FESTIVALS – TOUR DATES:
- SSFF Milano (IT), BASE Via Bergognone 34, Milano, Sunday, May 6th
- Bing Surfshop, 802 N Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA, Saturday, June 16th
- International Surf Film Festival Anglet (FR), Friday, July 13th
- Surf Film Festival Berlin (DE), Saturday, August 4th.
- Portuguese Surf Film Festival, Ericeira (PT), 20 – 29 July, date to be announced.
- Athens Surf Art Festival (GR), June 15 – 16 – 17, date to be announced.
- Florida Surf Film Festival (USA), November 9 – 10, Atlantic Center for Arts, New Smyrna Beach.
- Slow Down and See (NL), La Haye, Zuid, Holland, date to be announced
- Leeward Northwest Surf & Sea, 2504 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97232, USA, Thursday July 26th
Honolulu Museum of Modern Art in Hawaii at Surf Cinema Nugs 2018, Sunday, July 8 at 1pm, Wednesday, July 1 at 1pm, Friday, August 3 at 7:30pm
- Surfari Film Festival (ES), Conil de la Frontera, September 21 – 22 – 23
Santa Cruz Surf Film Festival (USA), Rio Theatre Santa Cruz, CA, October 5 – 6
London Surf Film Festival (UK), Regent St Cinema W1 London, October 10 – 13
- Lagoa Surf Art (BR), Florianopolis, October 11
- Surfzürich (CH), Kanzlei Club, Zurich, November 22
- Outdoor Movie Night in Portsmouth (GB), Surfrider Foundation, New Hampshire Chapter, October 18
- SAL Surf at Lisbon 2018 (Pt), Cinema São Jorge, Lisbon, November 1-4
- MIMPI (Br), Rio De Janeiro, November 15-17
BEST SURF FILM – SHORT at Florida Surf Film Festival 2018 and BEST SOUNDTRACK AWARD and BEST EDITING AWARD at the @lagoasurfearte Film Festival 2018, Brasil.